a beautiful design with powerful features, and fully responsive website.
Follow these steps to set up Outlook 2013 or 2016 to access your email account using Internet Message Access Protocol (IMAP).
Before you start, you need your:
- Username and password
- SMTP mail server (mail.yourdomain.com)
- POP3 or IMAP mail server (mail.yourdomain.com)
1. Open Account Settings
- In Outlook 2013 or 2016 go up to the upper left and click File, then go to Info – Account and Social Network Settings – Account Settings to open the Account Settings window.
- Click the Email tab if not already selected.
2. Setup an account
- Click the New… button.
3. Auto Account Setup
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
4. Choose an email Service
- Select POP or IMAP and then click Next in the Add Account window.
5. Enter your Internet email settings
- Enter the following in each field:
- Select More Settings …
6. Internet email settings – Outgoing Server
- Click the Outgoing Server tab in the Internet Email Settings window.
- Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
- Check Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select OK and Next
7. Test Account Settings
- Once Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP) and Send test email message tests are completed, click Close.
- Click Finish